New Survey Reveals Consumer Sentiment About Spending Money on
The report, which surveyed 1,000 Americans, reveals top trends and average costs, as well as breaks down how factors like inflation are impacting both consumer sentiment and plans for wedding travel this year.
"We've all missed out on celebrations over the past two years and it's exciting to have these occasions to look forward to again. Weddings are an opportunity for friends and families to reunite, and those moments shouldn't be compromised by high travel costs. Priceline offers deals and savings tips to help customers be there for the moments that matter." —
Top insights from Priceline's Wedding Travel Report include:
- Save the Date…and Start Saving Up: Americans spend more than
$2,700on average just to attend a wedding—roughly equivalent to a full month's salary based on the median annual wage in the US2. Budgeting for out of town wedding events is especially stressful for Gen Z (39%).
- Something Borrowed, Something Blue,
Wedding Travelis Costly, Too: Six in ten (59%) respondents say that the high costs of attending weddings/wedding-related events has limited their ability to save for a vacation (61%) or a bucket list trip (59%). This becomes amplified as eight in ten (81%) say inflation makes finding a travel deal more important than ever.
- Singles are Chasing Deals…Not Dates: Singles would rather find a good deal on a hotel (66%) or flight (63%) than a date/plus one.
Say "I Do" To Travel Savings
With rising demand and costs, Priceline knows it's more important than ever to save. Having negotiated amazing deals for over 20 years, Priceline saves travelers more than
- Whether you're bringing a plus one or flying solo, save up to
$625when you bundle your hotel and flight bookings using Priceline Packages.
- Become a Priceline VIP for free and access immediate savings, loyalty perks, and other benefits. Traveling to multiple weddings this year? You can reach VIP Gold status and unlock up to 50% off hotels after five bookings.
- Pay at your own pace with "Buy Now, Pay Later" options through Affirm, which offers monthly or biweekly payments when booking travel on Priceline.
To read more about the Priceline Wedding Travel Report, outlining additional trends and details on how Americans are approaching wedding travel, please visit press.priceline.com.
1A wedding-related event refers to a bachelor/bachelorette party, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, group honeymoon (buddymoon), honeymoon, etc.
2 Based on the Social Security Administration "National Average Wage Index" for the 2019 median average US wage receiving semi-monthly payments.
Priceline's Wedding Travel Report Methodology
Results are based on an online survey conducted
Priceline, part of
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2022-priceline-wedding-travel-report-66-of-singles-would-rather-find-a-good-hotel-deal-than-a-wedding-dateplus-one-301546646.html