Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world’s leading provider of online travel & related services, provided to consumers and local partners around the globe through our primary brands: Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. During 2018, the Company had consolidated revenues and net income of $14.5 billion and $4.0 billion, respectively, and a current market value of approximately $80 billion.
Job Title: VP, Procurement
Reports to and Location:
The role will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer and will be based in Norwalk, CT.
The company is ideally looking for someone who has experience working in a fast growth, innovative environment. They will work cross functionally with the C-level Brand executives to help with the strategic growth of the business. The VP, Procurement will oversee relationships with vendors and contractors who support the key business stakeholders. They will facilitate the procurement process from identification, negotiation of commercial terms/awarding of contracts, and vendor onboarding/diligence review to optimize spend.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Lead rigorous analysis of spend data (should-cost modeling, cost benefit analysis, total cost of ownership) and industry dynamics (supply, demand, competition) to identify savings opportunities and prioritize procurement initiatives
• Execute strategic sourcing projects utilizing best practice sourcing methodology to deliver improved cost efficiency and supply assurance
• Maintain vendor contract database including tracking of commitments and metrics around supplier balanced score cards
• Own and develop policies, communication, procedures, and structure for world-class procurement results
• Develop business cases for new cost optimization and profit improvement opportunities
• Identify and capture profit improvement opportunities beyond sourcing, such as demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, etc.
• Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes, new projects and activities
• Real estate portfolio – consult with Brand facilities teams on space needs, geographic footprint and help devise a global real-estate portfolio strategy
• Develop appropriate authorization matrix for spend levels and specific categories of spend
• Bachelor's Degree preferred with 8-10 years’ experience in Procurement/Supply Chain, global experience preferred
• Certified Commercial Contract Manager designation a plus
• Proven experience creating proposals, evaluating vendors and providing recommended improvements to a vendor procurement process design for a fast-growing company
• In-depth understanding of trends in contracting and supplier management practices
• Knowledge and expertise of sourcing across indirect categories with a focus on IT/Software
• Advanced negotiation skills and experience
• General understanding of accounting principles
• Proficiency with G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
Skills and Experience:
• Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, including senior management
• Broad knowledge of spend management strategies, procurement, sourcing, category management, vendor performance management
• Advanced organizational skills required to mitigate risk and meet multiple deadlines in frequently changing the environment
• Ability to negotiate a broad variety of complex agreements (type, length, and volume)
• Expertise in conducting supplier negotiations
• Ability to analyze, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts to make effective business decisions
• Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems
• Financial acumen to develop complex financial models, including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and should cost models
• Supplier diversity in regarding to Social, Environmental and Ethical Business Practices
With over $92.7 billion in gross bookings in 2018, Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. With operations in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to more freely travel across borders, time zones, languages and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we help millions of people experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
Through the Booking Holdings portfolio of companies, we help our customers to reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Booking Holdings is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Booking Holdings also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructure, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Booking Holdings and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email email@example.com with your request. M/F/V/D/SO