Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands – Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
Reporting to the BHFS USA CFO/COO, the successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for both the day to day operations and administration of the USA business as well supporting new business initiatives across the company. The successful candidate, as part of a small team, will work across the full scope of activities within the business. Experience working in regulated financial services; ideally within Payment Services, but not essential.
The manager will have additional responsibility for enabling the organization’s PMO capabilities and creating sound and mature business processes, tools, and templates for running cross functional projects – this will include working closely with the senior executive team to create a framework and repository for project management best practices.
Project Charters and Governance models, work plans, status reporting, issue and risk management
Stakeholder analysis, communications and change management plans
Preparing and documenting post mortem processes including lessons learned, benchmarks, and other data
The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting selection of tools for project management processes (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc) in addition to providing tools and supporting processes for creation and management of business processes – Process mapping tools).
The Project Manager will also have greater focus on continuous improvement as we partner to drive improvement opportunities using reporting, data, and analytics… working with problem solving tools and performing root cause analysis.
The salary for this requisition based in Dallas is of $126,000 – $154,000
- Overall the position will break down responsibilities as follows
- Running Strategic Projects (convert brands to BHFS)
- Building organizational capabilities (System implementations)
- Supporting administrative coordination for the business (board prep)
- Leading team member(s) small team coaching developing
- Running Strategic Projects (including process improvement)
- Project manager for any one of our current portfolio of projects across organization.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of managing project lifecycle and applying relevant process and knowledge areas to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Building Organizational Capabilities
- Beginning to apply lessons learned and organizational assets as inventory for other ongoing initiatives or business process improvement programs (creating tools and templates for work plans, charters, Risk, Issue, Actions, Deliverables, change management, requirements gathering, business cases, and executive reporting to name a few)
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree or
- PMP or related project discipline (Prince 2, CSM, etc) preferred
- 5 plus years of experience leading global strategic initiatives, within a shared services environment undergoing transformation.
- Experience working for a regulated financial services and/or payments institution preferred
- Experience coaching and developing small team
- Experience creating organizational capabilities surrounding Enterprise PMO
- Experience working as program or project manager on significant project with global reach and executive exposure
- Experience working with global teams, capable of bringing together stakeholders, to align requirements and drive improvements
- Experience leading projects in a shared services environment
- Ability to work successfully with consulting teams and strategic partners to maximize value and accelerate change
- Experience working across global distributed workforce; with proven ability to influence and drive change
- Understands and can execute on lean principles or six sigma, DMAIC to define opportunities, execute change, and solve problems
- Understand and can execute initiatives using PMBOK framework to move an initiative efficiently through a project lifecycle
- Has led technical requirements gathering using SDLC, etc
- Experience operating in, and driving alignment and consensus in a complex and matrix environment
- Effective communication style
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to apply structured problem solving methods to address issues and drive root cause
- Knowledge of P2P, R2R, and C2C business processes
- 10% average travel during normal circumstances