Job Title: Cybersecurity and Technology Program Manager
Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands – Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. During 2019, the Company had consolidated revenues and net income of $15.1 billion and $4.9 billion, respectively, and a current market value of approximately $60 billion.
The Cybersecurity and Technology Program Manager will report to the Global Information Security Strategist in our Norwalk, CT headquarters. The individual will serve as an integral member of a small security team responsible for identifying, evaluating, architecting, and assisting in the deployment of security technologies across the organization.
The successful candidate will serve as a cybersecurity and technology expert for Booking Holdings and provide expert advice to the Global Information Security Strategist, as well as to the CTO’s, CIO’s, and CISO’s at each of the Booking Holdings brand companies. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to: researching and evaluating cybersecurity technologies from an enterprise perspective; facilitating business development and liaising between our brand companies and strategic partners; in goal planning and implementing enterprise security policies and standard operating procedures, conducting ad hoc analysis and long-term strategic planning, and interfacing with technology and security leaders at the Booking Holdings brand companies and communicating with senior management. Critical thinking, the ability to multitask, and strong negotiating skills are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in a variety of Booking Holdings enterprise cybersecurity projects, including Identity and Access Management (IAM), Vendor Risk Management (VRM), Data Governance and Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Cloud Security, Cybersecurity insurance, and other technology initiatives as they arise.
- As a top-level expert and visionary, be responsible for the development of roadmaps, strategies, and the design of assigned technology areas.
- Execute the processes to develop, document, and distribute Identity and Access Management (IAM) architecture and policy governance standards for the Booking Holdings organization, and ensure the implementation and measurement of objectives.
- Partner with risk management subject matter experts and business unit compliance teams across the enterprise to develop strategies for IAM policies and procedures, metrics, and reporting, for measuring the effectiveness of the IAM compliance policy governance framework.
- Actively contribute to the improvement in enterprise security posture of Booking Holdings brand companies by understanding the risk landscape and by examining current architectures, identifying control system gaps, and making recommendations to leadership.
- Contribute to various security architecture review efforts to ensure products include security into the Design, Development, and Operations domains.
- Perform cybersecurity due diligence actions related to Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and investments as required.
- Define and develop metrics for measuring project progress and business value for all policies and frameworks.
- Minimum 8 years of professional technology experience in information technology and cybersecurity.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, coordinate the efforts of others, and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- Critical thinking, the ability to multitask, and strong negotiating skills are a must.
Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. Our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to more freely travel across borders, time zones, languages and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
Through the Booking Holdings brands, we help our customers reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Booking Holdings is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Booking Holdings also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructure, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Booking Holdings and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your request. M/F/V/D/SO